Thursday, November 17, 2005

Wednesday Thursday Weekend Wishlist

Just as a reminder - sorry for no updates, as I'm out of the country on business. Yes. That means I miss the game on Saturday. Yes. I'm upset. But anyway, I've still got a list of things I'd like to see happen this weekend...


  • Ohio State over Michigan - Why should I care about this? Since Wisconsin lost, if Michigan wins, and Penn State loses, they go to the BCS. I guess there's an outside shot that if Penn State loses they might get an at large bid, so I think this helps. I think it's likely, too. Michigan's been playing stellar for the past few weeks, but Henne's been flaky all year, and I think Henne's not going to have short passes available thanks to OSU's linebacking corps - which only makes his job harder. He played nearly perfect in the PSU game. Can he do it twice? I hope not.

  • Fresno State over USC - Ha, this is a pipe dream, right? I'm not so sure. They have beaten absolutely no one, but I think USC is more fragile than people think. If you've got a team with a strong defense, a 10-point lead might be better than a 20-point lead by a team with a weak defense, which is why I don't put a heck of a lot of weight to USC's overpowering wins. If Fresno State can slow USC down, they might ... okay, not really. But it's a nice thought, right?



Unfortunately, most of Penn State's Rose Bowl faint hopes faded after last week. Alabama was LSU's hardest remaining opponent, and with LSU pushing PSU down in both the polls for some weird reason, that doesn't exactly leave Penn State with a shot at pulling ahead of Miami due to its high computer ranking.

I'm not going to even mention a certain game in East Lansing here. Given the fact that all of my weekend wishlists were denied last week, I think I'll avoid tempting fate.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike L said...

Yeah the LSU thing annoys me. An impressive win over Sparty may bump us ahead of them.....but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I feel like I'm the Bleed Blue n White groupie!

6:35 PM

 
Blogger Pat said...

Heh. I'm glad there's at least someone reading. But I've been linked on a few other blogs (Nittany Blog, for one, and a Buckeye blog). I really need to clean up the site and add a link to Buckeye Blitz, but that won't happen until I'm back in the US.

7:08 AM

 
Blogger Mike L said...

Are you familiar with SBNation blogs? They could use a PSU blog.

3:56 PM

 
Blogger Pat said...

Nope, haven't heard of them. I'll take a look, though. When I get back, that is.

5:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home